Answers to frequently asked questions about minority business
If you are a member of a new minority business enterprise, you may have some questions about what becoming a Certified MBE means. Or maybe you’re part of a corporation that’s interested in learning more about supplier diversity. For this reason we’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions about MBE certification and corporate membership as they pertain to the Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council.
- Open CVM login via this link, which will pop-up a new window.
- You will need your Federal Tax ID number or Social Security number (sole proprietors). This is your username for logging into the recertification system.
- Please use the same password you created/used last year to log in. If you don’t remember your password, click the link below the login name and password box. The contact person on record will receive an email with the new password (password is case sensitive).
- Once you are in the system double click on the word “MBE” in the white box on the left side of the screen.
- Double click on the words “View Certificate” which will now appear below “MBE.” A pop-up box will appear that says “File Download.”
- You may now choose to either open or save your certificate, which is in an Adobe Acrobat file format. If you would like to print your certificate, first open it using Acrobat and then use Acrobat’s print option.
- Completed certification form along with necessary documentation and fee
- Site visit of business location and interview of principal(s)
- Review for recommendation by the Certification Committee
- Vote of approval by Board of Directors