Greetings Prospective MBE Applicant:
Thank you for your interest in becoming a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE).Attending our Pre-Certification Briefing is your first step to becoming certified.
To participate in the Pre-Certification Briefing, a company must first meet the fundamental requirements of certification. These are:
1. Legally registered as a for-profit entity in the State of Michigan
2. An ethnic minority owner(s) with at least 51% of ownership
3. Must be controlled, owned and managed by an ethnic-minority.
The two-hour Pre-Certification Briefing will provide information about the Council, the certification process and a step-by-step review of the application and its required documentation.
Before registering for a Pre-Certification Briefing, please adhere to the following:
1. Only one attendee per company — The attendee must be the ethnic-minority owner.
2. Please register to attend either in-person or via web conference. — Do NOT register for both in-person and the web conference. Decide which is better for your schedule. Space is limited.
NOTE: You should only attend via web conference if you are not located in the Southeast Michigan area. Attendees who attend in-person tend to complete their application faster and with fewer revisions, compared to people who attend via web conference.
3. Attendees must be registered prior to attending the event. Attendees that are not registered will not be allowed admission into the Pre-Certification Briefing.
4. Please arrive on-time. The Briefing will begin promptly at its designated time.
We look forward to working with you.