Greetings Prospective MBE Applicant:
Thank you for your interest in becoming a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE).Attending our Pre-Certification Briefing is your first step to becoming certified.
To participate in the Pre-Certification Briefing, a company must first meet the fundamental requirements of certification. These are:
- Legally registered as a for-profit entity in the State of Michigan
- An ethnic minority owner(s) with at least 51% of ownership
- Must be controlled, owned and managed by an ethnic-minority.
The two-hour Pre-Certification Briefing will provide information about the Council, the certification process and a step-by-step review of the application and its required documentation.
Before registering for a Pre-Certification Briefing, please adhere to the following:
- Only one attendee per company „ The attendee must be the ethnic-minority owner.
- Please register to attend either in-person or via web conference. „ Do NOT register for both in-person and the web conference. Decide which is better for your schedule. Space is limited.
NOTE: You should only attend via web conference if you are not located in the Southeast Michigan area. Attendees who attend in-person tend to complete their application faster and with fewer revisions, compared to people who attend via web conference.
- Attendees must be registered prior to attending the event. Attendees that are not registered will not be allowed admission into the Pre-Certification Briefing.
- Please arrive on-time. The Briefing will begin promptly at its designated time.
We look forward to working with you.