Become a subscriber to the MMSDC for enhanced MBE services in Michigan.
All certified MBEs within NMSDC’s national network have access to subscription services (formerly referred to as “reciprocal status”) from those regional councils outside of their local home council. A subscription entitles a certified MBE to receive access to regional products or services from outside of their home territory, which usually consist of local events, training, etc.
The Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council (MMSDC) offers subscription services to any MBE certified by one of our affiliated NMSDC councils, for a nominal annual fee.
Benefits of MBE subscription in Michigan**
- Access to top Michigan’s corporate, educational and government purchasing agents
- Access to participate in Michigan’s Project ONE mentor–mentee program*
- Eligibility to attend (at member rates) the Michigan Minority
- Procurement Conference (MMPC)*
- Eligibility to purchase booths (at member rates) at the Michigan
- Minority Procurement Conference (MMPC)*
- Premium business connection outings and networking events
- Receive regular email newsletters with event info, RFP opportunities, etc.
- Vital introductions to nationally known corporations
- Professional development training sessions
- Acknowledgment letter
- Referral to the Detroit MBDA Business Center
- Financial assistance from our partners and resources
MMSDC Subscription Rates
For companies earning under $200k in gross annual sales
For companies earning between $200k – $1M in gross annual sales
For companies earning between $1M – $2M in gross annual sales
For companies earning more than $2M in gross annual sales
Eligibility for subscription services
In order to qualify for subscription services, your company must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an actively certified MBE within the National Minority
- Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) network
- Must be in good financial standing with your home council
- Must be more than 60 days away from your home council certification expiration date when applying for subscription services
Length of subscription services
A subscription service runs concurrently with your home affiliate council certification. The subscription expiration date will be the same as your home council certification expiration date. For example, if Company X is certified in Houston with Houston Minority Supplier Development Council (HMSDC) from January 30, 2016 until January 30, 2017, then the subscription expiration date with MMSDC will expire on the same date as the HMSDC certificate — January 30, 2017.
Timing rules for subscriptions
We welcome all certified MBEs to subscribe to our services at any time. However, any certified MBE requesting subscription services within 60 days of their certification expiring at their home affiliate council will be asked to withhold their request until re-certification with their home affiliate council is completed.