Who We Are:
WTVS Detroit Public Television (DPTV) is the viewer-supported PBS member station serving the nation’s 11th largest television market. We operate Channels 56.1, 56.2 and 56.3, and are carried on cable and satellite systems throughout Southeast Michigan and over a thousand communities in Canada. We also operate WRCJ 90.9 FM, the classical and jazz radio station licensed to the Detroit Public Schools. Our vision is to educate, entertain and inspire, in partnership with our community.
DPTV is notably active in the community producing local programs that showcase arts, culture, news and analysis; and educational outreach campaigns that use the power of media to provide knowledge and understanding.
Detroit Public TV is built on relationships, and fosters the relationships it has with employees. We are committed to providing a creative and professional work environment with comprehensive benefits to support a positive work environment.
Detroit Public Television is looking for an Affiliate Relations Producer to join our team in Wixom, MI.
What You’ll Do:
The Affiliate Relations Producer is responsible for managing DPTV’s affiliate marketing efforts for nationally distributed programs, series, and web content, and producing DPTV’s local and national on-air pledge events and marketing pieces.
- Develop and manage national marketing/station relations campaigns for all DPTV productions to PBS station programmers, pledge producers, digital content producers, and other affiliates nation-wide.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with PBS station programmers , pledge producers, and affiliates across the United States.
- Produce on-air pledge events, marketing pieces, and engagement assets.
- Work with National Producer to produce and market national programs and ancillary products as assigned.
- Create and maintain a timeline of standards and required assets needed from other DPTV producers for effective program station relations and distribution.
- Manage third party ancillary product relationships and negotiations for national pledge programs. Negotiate and confirm all pricing information and product details related to premium items purchased from third party vendors including books, CDs and DVDs. Manage coordination and communication of all details internally and externally.
- Maintain a working knowledge of program, product, fundraising, engagement, and station relation trends nationally.
- Track and analyze DPTV station sales, program carriage, programmer feedback, and ratings.
- Coordinate all press and promotions related to premiere national pledge program broadcast tests including web, on-air and local media; working with DPTV Communications team, program publicity agent(s) and other related contacts.
- Assist in the planning of local pledge program schedules based on tickets, special guests and past program performance.
- Gather other performance research and information as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Ability to manage resources effectively
- Ability to work independently under pressure with minimal supervision
- Ability to contribute creative ideas
- Excellent organizational ability with strong attention to details
- Excellent follow up skills
- Excellent script and proposal writing skills
- Ability to interact and work in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or similar discipline, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years production experience
- 2+ years marketing experience
- 2+ years of experience managing project budgets
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
Individual must be able to:
- Type, and sit behind a desk for extended periods of time
- Work in the field under a wide range of climate conditions
- Look at video, computer screens, printed documents
- Occasional drive on company business
Individual is exposed to a typical office setting with computer equipment and a TV studio or on-location site with some related business travel both within the US and internationally.
What You’ll Get:
- Excellent benefits package that includes 403(b) employer match, medical, dental, vision and much more.
- Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs.
- Opportunities to serve our mission and community.
- Great work environment.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Detroit Public Television is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.