The Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council (MMSDC) is pleased to inform you that you have been nominated to run for the MMSDC Board of Directors [POSITION] and have met the candidate requirements established by the Board. Elections will take place November 6th thru November 16th via Election Trust, a voting management firm.
Please review all requirements, sign the Acknowledgement at the bottom of this correspondence, and return it to MMSDC by Tuesday, November 3, 2015 via fax (313) 873-1798, or email to [email protected].
[button link=”http://www.minoritysupplier.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/MBE-Acceptance-Form-2016.2017-mmsdc.doc” size=”large” style=”gradient” target=”blank”] Download Acceptance Form [/button]
By signing below it is also understood that, if elected you must adhere to the following:
Current Directors Seeking Re-election
- Must have corporate membership dues fully paid or be the owner of an MBE Company with current certification and fees fully paid.
- Must meet annual Board financial commitment.
(MBEs- Class I $2,500, Class II $5,000, Class III $7,500, Class IV $10,000)
- Must report minority spend to MMSDC.
- Must attend 75% of quarterly board meetings in person.
- Must participate in 80% of MMSDC signature events.
- Must have recruited (2) corporations as a new member of MMSDC (1 per calendar year).
- Candidate must be the owner of the business.
- Candidate must have current certification with fees fully paid.
- Company must agree to actively serve on an MMSDC committee.
- Company must participate in the Procurement Conference and the Awards Program.
- Candidate must be able to meet all of the responsibilities (see above) of an MMSDC Board Member.
Finally, as we create stronger working groups and continuity with our board, we will deploy a classified or staggered election cycle to prevent the entire board from changing at once in the future. To start, one group will serve through 2016, the other through 2017. Thereafter, elections for half of the board seats will take place annually with all elected members serving two year terms.
Return this signed acknowledgement, along with a copy of your resume, a brief statement of interest (no more than 150 words) and photo (300 dpi). All of the above must be received by MMSDC no later than Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 5pm ET for your name to be placed on the ballot.