Minority Business Enterprise Input Committee (MBEIC) Officer Position Criteria
The Minority Business Enterprise Input Committee (MBEIC) serves as the voice of the MBE community. This standing committee of the MMSDC Board of Directors is comprised of certified MBEs and organized to foster input on issues affecting minority owned businesses, industry trends, and to create MBE to MBE alliances aligned with corporate industry groups and the council’s programs and activities in support of the same.
MBEIC Officers serve a two-year term, however, per our communication to you in October, 2019, due to term limits with existing officers, we are holding a special election for the Chairperson and this shall be a one-year term beginning January 1, 2021 and ending December 31, 2021. Thereafter, all MBEIC officer terms will continue with two-year terms.
The Chair of the MBEIC shall be a Class II-IV MBE elected by the MBEs and will oversee the MBEIC, including regular operation of the MBEIC Industry Groups.
The Chair shall be responsible for:
- Creating a forum for certified MBEs to leverage, streamline, and engage between businesses within an industry, including sharing pivotal industry and market trends,
- Promoting the development of stronger “ready now” MBE firms that align with the actual needs via MBE development programs and other educational opportunities,
- Driving MBE to MBE spend,
- Facilitating activity that leads to business opportunities for “ready now” firms, whether MBE to MBE or MBE to Corporate Member,
- Informing and advising MMSDC on matters from the perspective of its MBE constituency.