NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN BY THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF HARRISON that sealed proposals will be received at the Office of the Clerk, at Harrison Township Hall, 38151 L’Anse Creuse, Harrison Township, Michigan 48045, on or before 10:00 a.m., Monday, August 15, 2016, for the following work according to plans and specifications prepared by George J. Hartman Architects, P.C.
- Project: Harrison Township Senior Center Addition
- Proposals must be submitted on forms furnished in the Specification Book, in a sealed envelope, endorsed with the name of the Project.
- Construction Estimate for this Project is: $225,000.00
Plans and specifications Copies of the Contract Documents for bidding purposes must be obtained at the office(s) of Wade Trim Associates Inc., 25251 Northline Road, Taylor, Michigan 48180, starting on July 25, 2016, upon making a payment of One Hundred ($100.00) Dollars if picked up or One Hundred Ten ($110.00) Dollars if mailed (checks or money orders only – payable to Wade Trim, no cash), none of which will be refunded.
There is a Mandatory Site Visit scheduled for Thursday, August 4, 2016 (10:00 a.m.) at the Harrison Township Senior Center, 26980 Ballard Street, Harrison Township, Michigan 48045. If the bidder attended the previous bid mandatory site visit, you are not required to attend, however you MUST fill out the mandatory site visit form with the date of the previous visit.
Attention is called to the fact that not less than the prevailing salaries and wages noted in the Federal Wage Determination must be paid on this Project. The CONTRACTOR must also ensure that employees and applicants for employment are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin, in accordance with Executive Order No. 11246, and Notice of Requirement for Affirmative Action to Ensure Equal Employment Opportunity Act, and that the CONTRACTOR will comply with Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968, as amended.
The CONTRACTOR must comply with the Davis Bacon Act, July 2, 1964 (Title 40 USC 276A), the Equal Employment Opportunity Act, September 28, 1965, No. 11246, all United States Department of Labor Regulations and Standards, Title 29, 1, 3, and 5, and Title 18 USC, Section 874, known as the “Anti-Kickback Act”, and the Federal Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970.
The Wage and Hour Division of the U.S. Department of Labor determines Prevailing Wage rates to be paid on federally funded or assisted construction projects. Please note that 10 days prior to the bid opening date the wage decision may change, so contact Macomb county to be notified of any updates.
The Bid and Contract security requirements will include the following, as further described in the Supplementary Conditions of the Specifications for this project:
1. Bid Bond of 5% of the total bid.
2. Performance Bond of at least 100 % of the contract.
3. Labor and Material Bond of at least 100% of the contract.
4. Workman’s Compensation Insurance.
5. Contractor’s Public Liability Insurance and Property Damage Insurance.
6. Subcontractor’s Public Liability Insurance and Property Damage Insurance.
7. Product / Completed Operations Liability Insurance.
8. Liquidated damages may be assessed if the project is not completed in the allotted time period.
Harrison Township reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids and to waive any informalities when deemed in the best interests of the Township