The ESSENCE Pitch Competition, held July 1, 2017 in New Orleans during the Essence Festival brought to you by Coca-Cola®, brings together emerging and established businesses in this ultimate national elevator pitch competition. In just 90 seconds, you can pitch your way toward a prize pool of $5,000! If selected for a business pitch, you get the opportunity to showcase your idea in front of hundreds of entrepreneurs, investors, business leaders and others from the entrepreneurial community.
Entries extended to Friday, May 26, 2017
Do you have an idea on ways to make cities work better? Whether it’s a solution to improve commuting, communication, urban design, eco-friendly – any innovation that improves the lives of city residents – this National Elevator Pitch Competition showcases “What Makes Cities Work?” You can win a spot to travel to New Orleans, LA to pitch your idea live Saturday, July 1, 2017 at Essence Festival brought to you by Coca-Cola®,! Interested in applying? Applications will open May 3, 2017 through May 26, 2017. Submit your information here!
REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY
- Have started and/or are operating a company (must be a for-profit venture and headquartered in the United States).
- Complete a short business profile available on the Pitch City website.
- Submit a 90-second elevator pitch video of you explaining your company/idea (YouTube or other video portal). Key topics for “What Makes Cities Work” include:
- What is your business?
- What is the problem in the market? How does your business provide a viable solution?
- What is the market size and opportunity?
- Who are you and what qualifications do you have?
- What is the cost of your product/service and how much profit per item/service will/do you receive?
- Who are your competitors and what is your competitive advantage?
- How much traction have you gained to date?
- How much investment do you need and for what?
- A closing and call to action
- Late entries will not be reviewed.
Who may apply?
- Applicants must be have started and/or are operating a company (must be a for-profit venture and headquartered in the United States).
- The company must be headquartered in the United States.
- The company must have been in existence for at least six months.
- Companies must have generated revenue or venture capital funding between $10,000 and $50,000 since inception. Companies that have generated revenue or venture capital funding in excess of $50,000 are ineligible to apply.
- Applicants must sign a waiver with submission of their initial application permitting Essence, the USBC CEDC and affiliate partners to use their submission s for education and marketing purposes.
- Applicants that apply as teams and advance to the final round may only send two team members to pitch live at the 2017 Essence Festival.
- We reserve the right to limit the volume of subimssions at any time; therefore, applicants are encourages to apply early.
- Finalists from previous Essence Pitch Competitions, current members of USBC CEDC Programs (Millennial Entrepreneurs Redefined; Capital Pathways), and the general public are eligible to apply.